ISSN 2277 260X
International Journal of
Higher Education and Research
- ►▼ 2018 (29)
- ►▼ 2017 (23)
- ►▼ 11.12 - 17.12 (1)
- ►▼ 13.11 - 19.11 (1)
- ►▼ 06.11 - 12.11 (1)
- ►▼ 30.10 - 05.11 (1)
- ►▼ 23.10 - 29.10 (1)
- ►▼ 16.10 - 22.10 (2)
- ►▼ 09.10 - 15.10 (3)
- ►▼ 02.10 - 08.10 (1)
- ►▼ 07.08 - 13.08 (1)
- ►▼ 24.07 - 30.07 (2)
- ►▼ 17.07 - 23.07 (1)
- ►▼ 10.07 - 16.07 (1)
- ►▼ 22.05 - 28.05 (3)
- ►▼ 13.03 - 19.03 (1)
- ►▼ 13.02 - 19.02 (1)
- ►▼ 16.01 - 22.01 (2)
- ►▼ 2016 (27)
- ►▼ 2012 (2)
Friday, 11. August 2017 - 11:26 Uhr
Let me tell you about Professor Kapil Kapoor who was the examiner of my PhD Thesis and Viva-voce.
Prof (Dr) Kapil Kapoor (born 17 November 1940) is an Indian scholar of linguistics and literature and an authority on Indian intellectual traditions. He is former Pro-Vice-Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) and served as professor at the Centre for Linguistics and English, and Concurrent Professor at the Centre for Sanskrit Studies there before retiring in 2005. He is Editor-in-Chief of the 11-Volume Encyclopedia of Hinduism published by Rupa & Co. in 2012.
1. Semantic Structure and the Verb: A Propositional Analysis, 1985, New Delhi: Intellectual Publishers.
2. Grading Criteria for Neo-Literate Materials (Co-author, Prof. Mushtaque Ahmad), 1987, New Delhi: Jamia University Press.
3. English in India, ed. (Co-editor, Dr. R. S. Gupta), 1991, New Delhi: Academic Foundation.
4. Language, Linguistics and Literature: The Indian Perspective, 1994, New Delhi: Academic Foundation.
5. South-Asian Love Poetry, ed. (Co-editor, Dr. S. K. Sareen),1994, New Delhi: Affiliated East-West Press.
6. Canonical Texts of English Literary Criticism with Selections from Classical Poeticians, ed. (Co-editor, Mrs. Ranga Kapoor), 1995, New Delhi: Academic Foundation.
7. Literary Theory: Indian Conceptual Framework (with glossary in collaboration with Nalini M. Ratnam), 1998 New Delhi: Affiliated East-West Press.
8. Dimensions of Panini Grammar, 2005, DK Print World, New Delhi.
9. Text and Interpretation. The Indian Tradition, 2005, DK Print World, New Delhi.
10. Indian Knowledge Systems, Edited (A.K.Singh, Co-editor), 2005, DK Print World, New Delhi.
11. Sanskrit Studies, Vol.1., (ed.) Journal of the Centre of Sanskrit Studies, JNU, New Delhi. 2005 DK Print World, New Delhi.
12. Rati Bhakti: Bharat Ki Katha Parampara Me. [Hindi], 2011, Daya Publishing House, New Delhi.
13. Encyclopedia of Hinduism Vols.1–11, Editor-in-Chief, 2012, Rupa & Co.
Some of his Videos:
When Prof Kapoor came to Devi Ahilya Viswavidyalaya, Indore a few years back for the viva-voce, he told me one significant thing: "Now I don't like to go for PhD Viva-voce after retirement...Your research work on Arun Joshi is very much compelling. When I checked your thesis, i decided to meet you personally. Hence, I am here... Moreover, you must get your thesis published from some Delhi-based publisher." (This was also told by him in the assembly where I defended my work).
His loving nature, gentleness, politeness and encouraging attitude always inspire me. I am highly grateful to him for his love and blessings.
Now my thesis has also been published by Authorspress, New Delhi. The title of book is: "The Fictional World of Arun Joshi: Paradigm Shift in Values."
I am also thankful to my research guide Prof (Dr) Prachi Dixit. She is a very generous and cooperative professor.
Dr Abnish Singh Chauhan (born 04 June 1979) is a bilingual poet, critic, translator and editor (Hindi and English). He had been invited to Ahemdabad International Literature Festival 2016. His significant books include Swami Vivekananda: Select Speeches, Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose: A Comparative Study, King Lear : A Ctritical Study, Functional Skills in Language and Literature, Functional English, Writing Skills and The Fictional World of Arun Joshi: Paradigm Shift in Values. His deep interest in translation prompted him to translate thirty poems of B S Gautam Anurag under the title Burns Within from Hindi into English and some poems of Paddy Martin from English into Hindi. Besides Harivansh Rai Bachchan Yuva Geetkar Samman (2013) for his Hindi poetry collection Tukada Kagaz Ka from Uttar Pradesh Hindi Sansthan, Lucknow, U.P., he is the recipient of Pratham Kavita Samman (2011) from Kavita Kosh (www.kavitakosh.org), Book of the Year Award (2012) from the Think Club, Michigan, USA, Srajnatmak Sahitya Puraskar (2013) from Rajasthan Patrika, Jaipur, Rajasthan, Navankur Puraskar (2014) from Abhivyakti Vishwam, Sharjah, UAE, etc. He is managing editor at Creation and Criticism; and editor at International Journal of Higher Education and Research and a web magazine Poorvabhas. He resides at F-338, Prem Nagar, Linepar, Majhola, Moradabad-244001 (UP) India and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: Professor Kapil Kapoor PhD Thesis JNU Dr Kapil Kapoor Jawaharlal Nehru University Dr Abnish Singh Chauhan Dr Abnish Singh Abnish Singh Chauhan